Best Induction Cooktops
Induction cooktops have gained much popularity during recent years in India, as they have reduced the time of cooking by 50%. It is because in induction cooking the vessel is heated by electrical induction where no thermal heat from the flame is transferred.
The induction cooktops use magnetic current that heats the vessel. We will discuss, ‘how induction cooktops work?’ later in this article.
Benefits of induction cooktops
No doubt, induction cooktops are much superior to conventional cooking. Here are the reasons why you should choose induction cooktops over conventional cooktops.
- Cooks Faster: In induction cooking, the heat is transferred directly to the cooking vessel. It boils the water in 50% less time as compared to conventional cooking.
- Delicious Food: With induction cooktops, you get much more control over the temperature as compared to conventional or electrical cooking. More control means more precision. Your food cooks much better.
- Easy Cleaning: You might also have the same question, how to clean induction cooktop?
Induction cooktops have a smooth glassed surface. You can easily clean the food that spill out during cooking with a damp cloth. You can even clean the cooktop immediately as it does not heat up.
- Right Fit: Induction cooktops automatically detect the size of your vessel and transfer the heat to your vessel. No energy is wasted in the process.
List of Best Induction Cooktops
|1. Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 Induction Cooktop||Feather Touch||2100-Watt||1-Year||Check Price|
|2. Pigeon by Stovekraft Rapido Slim Induction Cooktop||Feather Touch||2100-Watt||1-Year||Check Price|
|3. Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop with Push-button||Soft Touch Button||1200 Watt||1-Year||Check Price|
|4. Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise Induction Cooktop||Feather Touch||1800-Watt||1-Year||Check Price|
|5. iBELL Induction Cooktop||Press Button||2000-Watt||1-Year||Check Price|
Best Cooktops to Buy
We all know that Philips is one of the popular brand in the Indian market. It was founded by Gerard Philips and his father Frederik in Eindhoven, Netherlands in 1891, with their first product being light bulbs.
The Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 is a stylish and slim cooktop with microcrystal plate. It is compact in design which makes it portable. It comes with 6 preset menus which are programmed for Indian cooking.
This is one of the best portable induction cooktops as it does not require any installation. Also it comes with the pre-programmed menu which helps in Indian cooking.
Auto-cut off feature saves the food from getting burnt and allows safe cooking.
It has 1.2 m long cable which allows flexible movement to the cooktop.
For any product related query contact their customer support @ 18001022929
- It does not require any installation.
- It has been programmed for Indian cooking.
- Auto cut-off feature for better safety.
- 0 to 3 hours of time setting
- Power consumption 2100 Watts which operates on 220-240 Volts.
- The diameter of the pan should be in the range of 12 cm to 20 cm.
- The surface of the cooktop is cool to touch.
- Push to start control buttons.
- Dimension (HxWxD) in mm: 65 x 281 x 356 mm.
- It weighs around 2.8 kgs (including packaging) and can hold the weight of up to 8 kgs.
- 1-Year warranty on product.
|6 Preset menu for easy cooking||There is no voltage regulator|
|Wide, sleek and flat glass surface||Little noisy|
|Value for money|
|Auto cut-off safety|
|Easy to use|
|Easy to clean|
The ‘Pigeon’ is a reputed brand in Indian kitchen appliances. Millions of family use their products. They deliver high-quality products at an affordable price. It is delivering happiness since 1999.
The Pigeon Rapido Slim Induction Cooktop operates on 2100 Watts at 50 Hz frequency. It saves power and cook delicious food quickly.
It has 8 preset menus which is best suited for Indian cooking. This device has a feather touch control panel which enhances your cooking experience and the device is easy to clean.
The induction element automatically shuts down when the pan is removed from the cooktop or even if the burner is accidentally left on.
The smooth and flat surface is easier to clean.
- Power consumption is 2100 Watts at 50 Hz frequency.
- 8 preset menu option for Indian cooking.
- 1 Year warranty on the product.
- Feather touch control
- Dimension of the product (W x D x H) in mm: 405 x 335 x 75 mm.
- It weighs around 2.5 kgs.
|8 preset menu option||The touch panel not up to the mark|
|Auto cut-off when the pan is removed for better safety|
|Smooth and flat surface|
|Feather-touch Control Feature|
|Easy to clean|
We all know, Prestige is a trustworthy brand in India. It is known for its kitchen appliances.
The Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop is one of the best portable induction cooktops that you can buy as it offers quick and consistent heating at high efficiency.
This induction cooktop comes with a power-saving technology. You can adjust the power and temperature according to your cooking needs which will give you a great cooking experience.
The power consumption is 1200 watts and it also has an inbuilt voltage regulator that takes care of the voltage variance. It also makes sure that the load is taken gradually.
The smart cooktop comes with Indian menu options like Chapati, Idli, Curry, Dosa, etc with just a touch of a button.
The cooktop has soft touch buttons which are more durable and also prevent entering of water in the appliance.
- 1200 watts of power consumption.
- Preset Indian menu.
- Power saver
- Soft-touch buttons
- 1-Year Warranty
- Inbuilt voltage regulator that takes care of the voltage variance.
- Anti-magnetic wall that ensures heat is generated only in the centre.
|Inbuilt voltage regulator to save power||Customer service not up to the mark|
|Compact and portable device||Poor packaging of product|
|Power-saving technology||Little noisy|
|Easy maintenance and cleaning|
Another great product from the brand Pigeon, which is known for its kitchen appliances.
The Pigeon Cruise Induction Cooktop has a bigger heating element. The sleek design made of micro-crystal plate occupies less space and is easily portable.
The elegant cooktop is safe to use as the cool touch surface allows you to safely handle the cooktop even during use.
The length of the cable is 1.2 m which is sufficient for flexibly moving the cooktop.
The power consumption of Pigeon Cruise Induction Cooktop is 1800 watts which operates on 220 V input.
- Power consumption 1800 Watts at 220 Volts input.
- Soft Touch buttons.
- 7 preset menu options.
- Dual heat sensor technology.
- Auto switch-off timer.
- 7 Segment LED Display.
- Automatic Shut-off feature for safety.
- 1-Year Warranty.
|Auto power Switch off||Poor customer support|
|7 preset menu options||Noisy|
|Touch push buttons|
|Dual heat sensor technology|
The iBell glass induction cooktop is a local Indian brand that has maintained its position in the Indian market by providing high-quality products at an affordable price.
The iBell glass induction cooktop is sleek and stylish. The material of the surface of the cooktop is tempered ceramic single glass.
The cooktop consumes 2000 Watts of power. Also super-wide voltage adaptability and is multifunction enabled.
It also comes with 7 preset menu options that will make your cooking easier and more fun.
It has 1 Year product warranty and 6 months additional warranty if registered on the website.
- 2000 Watts Power consumption.
- 4 LED Display.
- Super wide voltage adaptability with multi-functions.
- 1-Year product warranty and 6 months additional warranty if registered on the website.
- 1.5 m long wire.
- Auto cut-off for safety.
- 7 preset cooking options.
- Press button control.
|High quality coils for even cooking||Noisy|
|Auto shut-down for overheat protection||Poor customer support|
|Single tempered ceramic glass|
|Lightweight and easy to use|
|Super wide voltage adaptability|
Points to consider before buying an induction cooktop
In this article, we have narrowed down the points that you must consider before buying the best induction cooktop.
- Size of the cooktop: You must consider the size of the cooktop based on these two factors.
a. Number of members in the family: If you are a bachelor or have a small family consider buying a small cooktop with a single cooking zone. But if you have a bigger family you must buy a 2 burner cooktop or a cooktop with 2 or more cooking zones.
b. Space available: Consider the size of cooktop before buying as you must have enough space to place your cooktop.
- Cooking Zones: You will find cooktops with 1 to 5 cooking zones. If you are a bachelor or have a small family a cooktop with a single cooking zone is enough. But if your family is large consider buying a cooktop hat has multiple cooking zones.
- Power consumption: The power of an induction cooktop is measured in Watts. the higher the power consumption the more heat it produces and quicker it cooks.
The basic rule is the bigger the cooktop the higher the power it consumes.
- Pan Detection Quality: The pan detection quality makes sure that the cooktop does not heat unless a pan with a suitable size is kept at a proper place. It will automatically shut down when the pan is removed from the cooktop.
If the size of the pan is not suitable then the cooktop will notify you either by sound or on the display unit and the cooktop will shut down.
- Auto Shut Down: The auto shut down feature will automatically stop the heating process once the pan is removed. It will also shut down in case you forget to turn off the cooktop.
- Touch Control Panel: It is better to choose an induction cooktop with a touch control panel rather than the knob control panel. The reason for choosing a touch control panel is that it is easy to use and easy to clean. Also, it makes the induction cooktop sleek, better looking and portable.
- Preset Menu Option: Most induction cooktops come with several preset cooking menus. It makes the cooking process faster and much easier.
- Induction coil Quality: It is one important aspect that you must consider before buying. An induction cooktop with a high quality of induction coil is made of copper or aluminium. It is better to buy an induction cooktop with better coil quality because they can get damaged easily.
- Preset cook Timer: Most of the cooktops come with preset cook timers which make cooking easier. It allows the user to preset the cooktop that will either reduce the temperature or turn off the cooktop.
- Cost: Choose an induction cooktop that has maximum features under your budget range. You must consider these points.
a. Size of the cooktop: As the size of the induction cooktop increases the budget will also increase. If you have a large family consider buying a cooktop with multi cooking zones. It will further increase your budget.
b. Features of the cooktop: Choose a cooktop that has maximum features under your budget. Features like child lock which protect the device from being misused by children which can harm them and overflow protection which either notifies you or turn off when liquids spill out.
- Warranty: Most of the cooktops provide a 1-year warranty. Make sure you buy a cooktop that provides at least a 1-year warranty.
How does an Induction cooktop works?
Induction Coil Part
An induction cooktop is a two-part system. The first part consists of a coil of copper that is placed inside the cooktop. When electricity is passed through the coil an e.m.f (electromagnetic field) is generated. Nothing happens till this point.
The electromagnetic energy is all around us in the form of visible light, FM radio, cell phones, laptops, microwave, etc.
The second part of the system is the pan. You must know, not all pans will work on the induction cooktop. Pans made of 100% copper or 100% aluminium will not work. The pan must have some iron content in it. You can check it by placing a strong magnet at the bottom of the pan. A ferromagnetic stainless steel pan will work.
Once you set iron or stainless steel pan on the induction cooktop the magnetic field induces a much smaller electric current in the pan’s metal. The pan acts as a secondary wiring of the transformer. In this process, much of the energy is converted to heat.
Why it is efficient?
Thus, in an induction cooktop, the heat does not come from the burner but from the pan itself. This can make cooking more efficient. Water will come to boil on induction cooktop in almost half the time as compared to the gas stove.
It will be less likely to have any hot-spots that will not create any scorch in your pan because it has more contact with the heat source than a gas stove. The only drawback is that only ferromagnetic pans will work.
Induction vs Electric cooktop
The electric cooktops are more energy-efficient than gas cooktops. But the induction cooktop saves much more energy than gas cooktops and electric cooktops.