The pollution levels have increased drastically in recent years in India. In cities like Delhi, Bangalore, etc., people are facing breathing problems due to air pollution. An air purifier is designed to clean the air around you. It removes the impurities like odour, smoke, dust and gives clean air to breathe. The air we breathe directly impacts our health. There are many air purifier brands in India which provide you with clean air. Air purifiers filter out pollutant particles from the air like dust, pollen, smoke, etc.
Outdoor air pollution badly affects indoor air quality. It is more dangerous as most of our time is spent indoors. Therefore, you need the best air purifier to protect yourself from indoor pollution and keep your home’s air cleaner.
List Air Purifier Brands in India You Must Check Before Buying
There are many Air Purifier Brands in India available in the market. So to help you in selecting the best air purifier brand in India, we have listed a few models. The list of best air purifier for a home in India:
Best Air Purifier for a home in India
1. Coway Professional Air-Purifier, Special Green Anti-Virus True HEPA Filter (AirMega 150 (AP-1019C))
One of the most trusted and lovable brand Coway is a leading brand for home and kitchen appliances. It is one of the best air purifier brands in India. The products manufactured by Coway are of high-quality, efficient, convenient and user-friendly. It serves across 80+ countries and has made a mark in the industry. The best company for customers for whom well-being and health are of utmost importance. Coway is known for its unique technology, elegant design and has the world’s largest R&D centre. The brand follows a customer-centric approach and, hence they provide the best professional customer service support. It is one of the trusted air purifier brand in India.
Coway AirMega 150 comes with the latest technology and elegant design that makes the product top our list. It features three filters: Washable Pre-filter, Deodorization filter and Green True HEPA filter.
The brand offers a 5-years warranty on the motor and a 1-year warranty on the product. An additional 2-years warranty on the motor can be availed by registering on the Coway’s official website. For any assistance or query, you can call the customer support on 1800-102-6960.
|Size||AirMega 150 (AP-1019C)|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Dimensions LxWxH||41.5 x 24.5 x 52.5 cm|
|Country of Origin||Korea|
|In the Box||Air Purifier, Pre Filter, Patented Urethane Carbon Filter (Deodorization Filter), Green Anti-Flu True HEPA Filter, Power Cord, User Manual|
|Coverage Area||355 sq. ft / 33 sq. meters.|
|Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR)||303 cubic m/hr|
|Warranty||5-years on the motor|
1-year on the product
2-years extra on the motor can be availed by registering on its official website
- The air purifier has special green Anti-virus HEPA filter. It is one of the thickest HEPA filter that captures 99.99% of Allergens, Bacteria, Viruses, Dust mites, Pollen, PM10 particles and PM2.5 particles.
- Gingko and Sumac are Japanese plants used to make the filter.
- Its Patented Urethane Carbon filter helps in trapping odour, VOC’s, Formaldehyde, smoke, etc.
- The washable pre-filter effectively removes the dirt and dust.
- It monitors the indoor air quality through its intuitive colours.
- Intelligent Auto mode automatically adjusts its speed according to the air quality.
- Night mode turns off the AQI light, ensuring complete darkness.
- Special Turbo mode ensures quick cleaning.
- Easy pull tag to remove the HEPA filter to avoid direct contact with trapped Virus and bacteria. The design of the cartridge allows easy and safe cleaning of the Pre-filter.
- The HEPA filter is 25 mm thick that ensures long filter life (approx 8500 hours).
- Air purifier comes with filter cleaning or filter replacement indicator.
- Highly efficient (better reach and maximum airflow)
- Suitable for living rooms, offices and bedrooms
- Allergy-friendly certified by ECARF
A Chinese multinational electronics company Mi was founded in April 2010 with its headquarters in Beijing. Mi manufactures and invests in home appliances, smartphones, laptops, and many other products. The company is known for its quality and efficiency.
Mi Air Purifier comes with True HEPA filter, touch screen display and smart app control. It produces less noise levels and is energy efficient device. The filter is capable of eliminating 99.97% pollutants and catches pollutants as small as 0.3 microns. We have listed the Mi Air Purifier at second place in our list of Air Purifier Brands in India.
The brand offers a 1-year warranty on the product (excluding filter). For any query, reach out their customer care centre on 1800-103-6286 (from 08:00 am to 11:00 pm).
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Dimensions LxWxH||24 x 24 x 52 cm|
|Country of Origin||China|
|In the Box||Air Purifier, Filter, User Guide, Power cord|
|Coverage Area||279 – 484 sqft|
|Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR)||380 m3/h|
|Warranty||1-year warranty (except on filter)|
- The 360-degree filtration comes with True HEPA filter that is 99.97% efficient and traps particles of size up to 0.3 microns.
- OLED Display shows real-time P2.5 levels, temperature and humidity, WIFI connection on high-resolution.
- Easy access with OLED Display touch control. You can switch to sleep, auto, low, medium or high mode.
- Smart App control and works with voice assistant
- Laser particle sensor
- Three-layer filtration process
- It is capable of providing 6333 litres of clean air per minute
- Energy efficient
- Produces less noise
- Innovative design
- Filters are also costly
Most reliable brand Dyson designs and manufactures home appliances like vacuum cleaners, air purifiers, hairdryers, etc. Dyson was started in the year 1991 by James Dyson in the UK. The company follows a customer-centric approach and its products are known for the latest technology, high-quality and durability. Dyson is one of the trusted air purifier brand in India.
Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier helps in removing 99.95% of pollutants and particles that are as small as 0.1 microns. It comes with the Air Multiplier technology that circulates purified air in the entire room. Vacuum-sealed Glass HEPA filter, 360-degree helps to remove indoor toxins, pollutants and odour.
The brand offers a 2-year warranty only applicable on products sold by seller “Dyson India”. You can avail free installation and setup. For any assistance, call their customer support on 18002586688.
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Power Consumption||58 watts|
|Dimensions LxWxH||20 x 18.5 x 102.2 cm|
|Country of Origin||Malaysia|
|In the Box||Air purifier, Remote control, Composite filter and Operating manual|
|Sound Level||42.3 dBA – 64.4 dBA|
|Air Flow Level||1300 CMH|
- It removes 99.95% of pollutants (as small as PM 0.1 microns), VOC’s, pet dander, dust, allergens, pollen, harmful odours, etc. from indoor air.
- Intelligent purification, air multiplier technology, fan feature and oscillation feature circulate purified air throughout the room.
- It ensures harmful ultra-fine pollutants not get released back into the room.
- This air purifier comes with 360-degree H-13 Glass HEPA filter and Tris-coated Activated carbon filter packed with borosilicate microfibers.
- It automatically monitors, captures dust and purifies the air. You can see the air-quality metrics on the Dyson app.
- With Dyson Link app, you can easily control your air purifier from your mobile phone and check the air quality report. Also comes with a remote control which is magnetized and can easily be docked on top of the machine.
- 10-air speed settings
- It is certified Asthma and Allergy-friendly by AAFA (Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America)
- It is designed to easily fit anywhere in the room.
- The app notifies when the filter needs replacement.
- Easy scheduling
- Auto, night mode
- Sleep timer
- Easy to clean
- Safe to use
- Remote control, app-controlled, LCD
- Advanced sensors
A world-renowned brand Philips was founded by Gerard Philips. The company manufactures lightings, medical equipment, home appliances, etc. Philips is a well-trusted brand in India that follows a customer-centric approach and manufactures high-quality, innovative products.
Philips Air Purifier AC2887 comes with Vitashield intelligent purification, which automatically senses and removes pollutants and allergens from the air. It is equipped with Area Sense with professional-grade sensing technology.
The brand offers a 2-years international warranty on the product. For any query, contact their customer support on 18001031235.
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Dimensions LxWxH||24 x 35.9 x 55.8 cm|
|Country of Origin||China|
|In the Box||Air purifier, Filter and User manual|
|Sound Level||20.5 dba|
|Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR)||333 m3/hour|
|Area Coverage||269-409 sq ft.|
Note: Do not forget to remove the cover from filters before using the product.
- It comes with 3-smart pre-settings: General, Allergen and Bacteria & Virus modes.
- The air purifier emits low noise in sleep mode.
- Smart light control sets the light as per your choice.
- Vitashield IPS technology removes ultra-small particles to as small as 0.02 microns, H1N1 virus, eliminates bacteria up to 99.9%, harmful gases, etc.
- The aerodynamic design and Nano Protect filter provides efficient airflow.
- Filter replacement reminder.
- AeraSense technology identifies even the smallest airborne allergens and removes it effectively.
- The allergen mode from AeraSense includes special detection algorithm which can easily detect pillow shaking or vacuum cleaner passing by. It will boost airflow, which reduces the risk of allergens to a minimal level.
- It is capable of purifying a standard room in just 10 minutes.
- Monitors and shows real-time air quality level
Philips Air purifier Series 2000 is Wi-Fi enabled and comes with intelligent auto purification which detects allergens and purifies the indoor air. It has a 3-layer filter for effective purification. It is one of the best Air Purifier Brands in India.
The brand offers a 1-year warranty on the product. For any query, contact their customer service centre on 1800-102-2929.
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Dimensions LxWxH||33 x 33 x 65.2 cm|
|Country of Origin||China|
|In the Box||Air purifier, Fan Blade|
|Power Consumption/Wattage||46 watts|
|Size||up to 39m2|
- Smart sensing technology senses and removes invisible pollutants, gases and allergens. It also comes with VitaShield Intelligent Purification System (IPS) eliminates 99.97% allergens and fine particles as small as 0.02 microns.
- It comes with four modes: Auto, Sleep, Gentle and Turbo.
- You can easily identify the air quality with its simple colour-coding system.
- It is equipped with 3-layer filter: Prefilter traps dust and hair, Activated Charcoal filter eliminates harmful gases and unpleasant odours, and Nano Protect HEPA filter captures even the smallest particles of up to 0.03 microns.
- The Smart filter status indicates the number of pollutants filtered and when it needs replacement.
- It removes 99.9% of virus and aerosols from the air.
- AeraSense technology ensures indoor air quality (PM2.5).
- Low noise
- Easy to use
- Effective and efficient
A well-trusted brand Sharp is a Japanese multinational company that was founded in the year 1912. It manufactures electronic products, home appliances, mobile phones, calculators, etc. The brand has several satisfied customers worldwide.
Sharp Air Purifier is equipped with Plasmacluster technology. It uses dual purification to purify indoor air. This air purifier is elegantly designed and will complement the look of your living rooms or bedroom. It is made with the highest-grade ABS material that makes it safe for the users. The Auto-restart option, Auto and manual modes, Dust & Odour sensor and low noise level make this an ideal air purifier brand in India.
Plasma-cluster Technology uses two electrodes in which high electrical currents alternates continuously. It creates OH negative ions. When a bacteria or virus comes in contact with OH negative ions, it absorbs the hydrogen ion from the pathogen. In this process, the protein of the pathogen is broken and hence, the pathogen dies.
The brand offers a 1-year warranty on the product. For any query, contact their customer support on 1800-237-4277.
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Size||4 x 10|
|Dimensions LxWxH||20.9 x 38.3 x 54 cm|
|Country of Origin||Thailand|
|In the Box||1 Air Purifier|
- It is equipped with Plasmacluster with technology.
- It comes with dual purification mode.
- The air purifier is equipped with three passive filters: Highest grade H14 HEPA filter, Voluminous GranularActive Carbon filter and a Pre-filter.
- The Pre-Filter purifies the air (20-degree air inflow) and circulates it throughout the room.
- It captures 99.97% of Airborne impurities like allergens, smoke, pet dander, PM2.5 particles, odours, pollens, bacteria from the air, purifies and circulates the purified air back in the room.
- The Sharp’s air purifier is capable of purifying the air four times in one hour. It is perfect for the room size of 200 square feet.
- It comes with unique HAZE function to suit Indian conditions.
- Dust and Odour sensor senses the dust and odour level. The deodorizing filter removes any odour and gives fresh air.
- Colour of LED indicator indicates, the pollutant level in the air: Red shows High pollutant level, Yellow indicates a medium level of pollutant and Green shows the air is under permissible limit.
- It comes with three modes: High, Medium and Low. You can set according to the room size. Sleep mode for low noise level.
- Works efficiently
- Emits low noise
- Suitable for homes and offices
- Safe and easy to use
- Beautifully designed
- Highest grade HEPA Filter
- Auto-Restart option
- 20-degree airflow helps to clean the air from the roof to the floor.
- Haze mode is used when the level of pollutants is high in the air.
- Can not be connected to a smartphone
- No indicators for filter replacement or PM level display
Need for Air Purifier in India
Air Purifier Brands in India are the need of the hour as the pollution levels are increasing drastically. It is especially the most needed appliance for a pregnant woman, newborn baby, people aged over 60, people suffering from airborne allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems. If you are living in an enclosed space like an apartment or your house is near the busy street or around construction, then you should definitely purchase an air purifier.
- It will protect us from harmful diseases that are related to air pollution like asthma, allergies, lung disease, cardiovascular disease, etc. and reduce the medical expenses of your family.
- If you are a pet lover then, you must buy an air purifier. It helps in removing pet dander. Studies show that the hair, saliva, urine and sweat of the pets (dog, cat, birds, etc.) causes allergies and is a major source of indoor air pollution.
- It absorbs unpleasant odours and makes your room fresh and clean.
- Air Purifiers traps and eliminates tobacco and cigarette smoke.
- It reduces carbon dioxide levels and also removes dangerous insects and bugs.
- It removes bacterias and disinfectants from the air. Therefore, best suited for hospitals, clinics, etc.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Indoor air can be 5 times more polluted as compared to the outside air. Advantages of air purifier:
|It protects you from harmful diseases like asthma, etc.||They are not good at removing gases like VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) or radon from the air. So, they are not 100% efficient.|
|Pure and healthy air will keep you active all-day.||Air purifiers need frequent cleaning. The filters need to be changed depending on the use. Regular filter replacement and timely maintenance are necessary for better performance. Therefore, they are high in maintenance.|
|Breathing clean and pure air makes your body to work better and stay mentally healthy.||They may generate ions in the air and ozone gas that can be harmful and might affect people.|
|They make calming sounds/noises that help to get a comfortable sleep.|
|Removes Radon and other harmful poisonous chemicals.|
|They help reduce stress levels and ensures healthy mental health.|
|Air purifiers safeguard you and your family from airborne diseases.|
|It protects the walls from molds.|
|Clean air ensures better sleep and keeps you energetic.|
|It even protects your skin from germs, toxins, etc.|
|Increases life expectancy by giving you better air quality.|
How air purifiers work?
Air purifiers usually have a filter or multiple filters and a fan which sucks in polluted air. The filter absorbs pollutants and particles like pollen, dust, etc. and circulates/throws back/disperse purified and clean air back into your room. This process is repeated several times and keep the indoor surroundings healthy.
Types of filters
Most of the Air Purifier Brands in India contain HEPA filters, activated carbon, UV light or other types of filter. Some air purifiers use a combination of two or more types of filters. Different types of filters are:
- HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) Filters: These filters can capture the smallest microns which cannot even be seen by human eyes.
- Activated Carbon Filters: These filters trap odours. They cannot capture bacterias and viruses.
- Electrostatic Precipitators: Use electrical voltage to filter air. The air is passed through pre-filter, where most of the dust particles are absorbed. The air is then passed through a negatively charged plate where it gets negatively charged. This negatively charged air is then passed through positive plates where it catches negatively charged impurities.
- Ultraviolet Light: These air purifiers use UV rays to kill the germs present in the air.
- Ozone Generators: These absorb odours. But exposure to ozone can cause chest pain, coughing and could damage the lungs. So, check the filters before buying air purifiers.
Factors to consider before buying air purifier
It is crucial to consider certain factors before selecting an Air Purifier Brands in India. Some of the factors are:
Size: The size of the air purifier should be compatible with the size of your bedroom. Buy an air purifier that is effective in a slightly bigger room to save your electricity bill, and it would be useful even at a lower setting.
Noise Levels: Buy air purifiers that have lower noise levels as noise can cause disruptions.
Filters: True HEPA and Activated Carbon filters are the most efficient ones. HEPA is best for capturing minute pollutants, and Activated Carbon filter is most effective for trapping gases and unpleasant odours.
Asthma and Allergy friendly: Before buying air purifier do look for Asthma and Allergy friendly certification. It assures a quality product with efficient performance.
Clean-Air Delivery Rate: It is based on standards set by the Association of Home Appliance (AHAM) and is measured in Cubic feet per minute (CFM). CADR is the rate that specifies overall cleaning speed for a particular room-size. An air purifier with CADR 300-400 is perfect for a room size of 250-350 square feet.
Air Change Per Hour (ACH) Rating: ACH rating tells the number of times per hour the air gets filtered in your room. Higher ACH rating ensures better efficiency as the entire air in your room is filtered at a faster rate.
Ozone Generation: Ozone gas can damage the respiratory system. Some air purifiers emit ozone gas during the air purification process. Before buying an air purifier check if it generates ozone gas.
Maintenance: Air purifiers require proper cleaning and maintenance. Some of the filters need to be replaced after every 3-4 months for optimum efficiency. Whereas, some filters are washable but need more power to perform properly.
Budget: Price of the air purifier depends on their purposes. Decide what are you looking for in your air purifier like to get rid of mold, dust or pet dander, etc.
If you are purchasing an air purifier for your home then, consider buying a small and easy to move air purifier.
Energy Usage: The air purifiers work on electricity and run continuously. So, the electricity consumption would be more.
Natural ways to improve air quality in your home
- Keep the windows open for proper ventilation. To prevent pollutants or dust open the windows when it is safe like morning would be the best time.
- Use a Vacuum cleaner often as it traps even the minutest dust particles.
- Change the air filters regularly to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Use of exhaust fans or chimney in the kitchen (and bathrooms) ensure clean air circulation and prevent odours.
- Use of candles, wood fires and smoking inside the house should be avoided to improve air quality.
Thank You for taking out your precious time to read our article. I hope it benefits you in some way. We would love to read your valuable opinions and highly appreciate any new suggestions. So please leave your comments below. Happy Shopping!