Stroller for kids
Children are the most adorable and delicate creation of nature. So it is important to take care of our cuties. Infants love going out in the open air. Therefore, you need the best stroller for kids. A stroller is the best gadget for parents. Carry your children comfortably and enjoy going out with them.
Babies don’t like sitting at home. But, holding a baby in your arms for long can cause pain in your back or neck. Therefore, strollers allow you to walk freely with your kid without any pain. With a comfortable stroller or pram, you can travel easily with your toddlers. It also protects your kid from direct sunlight or rain. The stroller is a saviour for new parents. It is convenient and useful for both parents as well as children.
You can keep essential baby items like baby food, toys, bottle, baby bag with clothes, diaper, etc. in the stroller. Your baby can comfortably sit or sleep in a stroller. It is quite helpful for parents when they are shopping or jogging with their child. One should buy a stroller of a reputed brand and check for all the safety measures. A stroller should be comfortable, safe and made from soft fabric.
Important: Carpets are an essential item especially when you have babies. Carpeted floors are cushiony and protect the baby when they fall. It keeps the surroundings warm and cosy during winters.
A stroller is a small carriage with wheels. It is ideally used to take babies for a walk in a park or mall. Stroller lets you have a calm walk with your baby. It will be your baby’s personal seat wherever you go. You can keep your essentials safely and give your child a comfortable ride. Smart parenting requires smart products. So, here is the list of top 5 best stroller for kids available in the market.
Best Stroller in India 2021
Best strollers for kids to buy in 2021.
Luvlap is a well-renowned company that manufactures baby products. The company manufactures products in categories like baby toys, baby essentials, baby blankets, baby garments, walkers, strollers, car seats, outdoor gear, baby health care products, etc. The products are designed elegantly and provide the ultimate comfort and safety of your child. The brand marks its excellence by going through various testing and quality check.
Sunshine stroller for kids is the best stroller from Luvlap. It provides utmost comfort and safety to your child. It comes with a 5-point safety harness, reversible handlebar, 3-position seat recline (up to 180°), adjustable footrest and many more such features. You can choose from a wide range of colour and model available in the market. Let’s look in detail the specifications and features of Sunshine stroller.
For any queries regarding the product, you can contact their customer support on 18001207897 (from Monday to Saturday between 10:30 am to 6:30 pm).
|Harness type||5 Point|
|Carrying Capacity||up to 15 kgs|
|Recommended Age||0-3 years|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Product Weight||7.15 kg|
- The Sunshine stroller for kids is equipped with the 5-point safety harness. It holds your baby from the waist as well as shoulders which ensures complete safety of your child.
- Reversible handlebar: With reversible handlebar, you can face the baby while walking.
- 3-position seat recline enables you to recline the stroller to up to 180°. Depending on the baby’s mood, you can change the seat position. The baby can sit, sleep or relax according to the convenience while strolling.
- Sunshine stroller for kids can carry weight up to 15kgs.
- It is best suited for children between 0-3 years.
- Footrest and Foot support is easily adjusted. It gives the most comfortable position to your kid.
- 360° Front Swivel Wheel Lock provides easy mobility. You can even lock it on uneven surfaces for more stability.
- Rear Wheel Brakes ensures the stroller does not move until you remove the brakes. You can conveniently operate it with your foot.
- It comes with a canopy that protects your child from direct sunlight, dust and wind. The canopy has a peek-a-boo window through which you can watch your baby.
- The seat is soft-cushioned and detachable. You can wash it easily. The soft cushioned seat, provides warmth and highest comfort to your baby.
- The storage basket has an ample space. You can keep your baby’s essentials, toys, etc.
- It is also equipped with a back pocket to give you more space for keeping essentials.
- It comes with a mosquito net.
- Most trusted brand by moms.
- Mosquito net
- Sufficient storage (storage basket and back pocket)
- 5-point safety harness
- Soft-cushioned washable seats
- Reversible handlebar
- Adjustable footrest
- 360° front swivel with lock
- No warranty
- Polyester material. Therefore, keep a cotton cloth for more comfort.
R for Rabbit manufactures one of the best stroller for kids. It is a notable company which offers a diverse range of baby gear products. It produces products like strollers, prams, cots, cradles, car seat, etc. The company focuses on safety and innovation. The products are of high-quality, safe, easy to use and equipped with advanced features.
The stroller is EN 1888 certified, which is the most stringent certification given by European standards. It is the highest safety standards. It comes with great suspension, which gives the most comfortable and shockproof ride to your kid. The stroller is designed elegantly and equipped with the latest features.
|Brand||R for Rabbit|
|Carrying Capacity||15 kg|
|Product Dimensions (LxWxH)||82 x 55 x 24 cm|
|Recommended Age||0-3 years|
|Product Weight||9.5 kg|
- This stroller for kids is EN 1888 certified. The stroller gives the safest ride to your child.
- It is suitable for kids of age 0-3 years.
- The maximum weight that it can hold is up to 15 kgs.
- It comes with great suspension and suitable for tough roads of India.
- Reversible handles allow you to face your child while strolling.
- It is uniquely designed for easy folding. You just need to lift the pull button and push. The stroller will automatically fold itself.
- Link Brake locks and stops the stroller conveniently with your feet.
- It comes with 3-recline seat positions. The seat can recline to 3 positions to give your baby a comfortable ride.
- Also, the leg-rest can be placed at 2-positions to provide more comfort.
- The sun canopy is UV protected that protects your child from harmful rays of the sun. You can even peep and watch your baby through the window.
- 5-point safety harness keeps the baby in the safest and secure position in the stroller.
- It is equipped with ample storage to keep the essentials like toys, baby bag, etc.
- Easy to carry and move from one place to another.
- UV protected sun canopy
- Easy to fold
- Easy to assemble
- Reversible handle
- The front wheel is of 6.5 inches for easy swivel (360°) and comes with brakes
- Cup holder and removable metal tray (in the front)
- Adjustable footrest
- Recliner seat up to 3 positions
- Certified safe by the European standards
- Suitable for all kinds of roads
- No mosquito net
- Padding is not good
- Large in size so travelling issue
Fisher-Price is a well-known American company known for producing educational toys, baby gear products, strollers, etc. The brand was founded by Herm Fisher in the year 1930. It is a popular brand that manufactures books, toys, puzzles, dolls, etc. for infants, toddlers and children. The products are unique, innovatively designed and of good quality.
The Fly Light stroller for kids comes with a 5-point safety harness. The cross-triangular design absorbs shocks and gives a smooth ride to your baby. It is equipped with several features like reclining backrest, sunshade, brake bar, etc.
|Frame Material||Alloy Steel|
|Carrying Capacity||15 kgs|
|Product Dimensions (LxWxH)||63 x 49 x 97 cm|
|Recommended Age (of kids)||0-3 years|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Product Weight||6.5 kg|
- Fly Light stroller for kids come with a secure 5-point safety harness. It gives your baby the safest and most comfortable stroll.
- It is equipped with a removable bumper bar.
- Efficient in absorbing shocks and make the ride smooth and enjoyable for the kid.
- The reclining backrest allows your baby to sit or sleep in a comfortable position.
- The sunshade protects the baby from harmful UV rays.
- It can be easily folded and unfolded by one hand.
- It also comes with a foldable back cover.
- With the brake bar, you can easily lock the rear wheels.
- It does not occupy much space and can be conveniently pulled like a suitcase. You can easily adjust it in the overhead cabin or the car.
- The stroller is equipped with a storage basket which can easily accommodate bags, diapers and other essentials.
- It can be used both as a pram or a stroller.
- The handlebar is removable for easy access.
- Easy to fold
- Easy to move
- Can move on different kinds of roads
- Abundant storage space
- Multi-recline positions of backrest and footrest
- The backrest is cushioned for more comfort
- Durable and swivel wheels
- Handles are not reversible
BabyGo is a famous brand that manufactures strollers, walkers and other baby products. The products are of high-quality, safe and convenient to use.
Delight reversible stroller for kids comes with a 3-position seat recline. It is equipped with features like a reversible handle, brake in all the wheels, etc.
|Carrying Capacity||15 kg|
|Product Dimensions (LxWxH)||70.2 x 52.2 x 24 cm|
|Product Weight||8.73 kg|
- It comes with a 3-point safety harness.
- The mosquito net protects the baby from mosquitos and flies.
- With reversible handlebar, you can easily face the baby while strolling and keep a watch on them.
- The adjustable canopy has a looking window through which you can see your baby smiling and enjoying the ride. It has a pop-out sun visor for extra protection.
- It comes with back pockets and a shopping basket to give you sufficient storage space.
- Brakes are at Rear and Front Wheels. Front wheels are direction fixers. Chrome Alloy Wheels give it a fancy look.
- The stroller is equipped with 3-position seat recline. You can comfortably make your baby sleep or sit.
- It also comes with legs support for the baby.
- Looks stylish
- Easy to fold
- Adjustable canopy
- Reasonably priced
- Reversible handle
- Good storage capacity
- Adjustable footrest
- 2-point safety harness is not adequate
- Quality needs improvement
The Dotmom Uber Flyer stroller for kids is the one of the best travel-friendly stroller available. Super-premium linen fabric is the ideal fabric and keeps it cool in summers and cosy in winters. It is equipped with numerous features like 5-point safety harness, seat recline, reversible handle, extendable canopy, etc.
|Fabric Type||600*300D Linen Fabric|
|Carrying Capacity||up to 15 kg|
|Product Dimensions (LxWxH)||50 x 20 x 75 cm|
|Recommended Age||1 month – 3 years|
|Product Weight||7.5 kg|
- The 5-point safety harness holds your baby in the most secure and safe position.
- The reversible handle allows you to face the baby when needed. You can change the position of the handle and make your baby watch the surroundings.
- 6-inches wheels, with swivel brakes for easy movement.
- Stable even on uneven terrains as it locks the wheels.
- Wheels can easily rotate to 360°, which gives a smoother strolling.
- The seat can be reclined to multiple positions- sit, sleep or relax. Even ideal for diaper change.
- The stroller is quite spacious. It comes with a large storage bag which can accommodate all your baby essentials.
- The canopy protects your kid from dust and harmful rays of the sun. It has a looking window which allows you to keep an eye on your baby.
- Mosquito net shields your child from flies and mosquitoes.
- The reclinable leg rest provides a more comfortable ride.
- It is also equipped with a detachable food tray and cup holder.
- The stroller comes with 600x300D Linen fabric that adjusts to the temperature and gives a comfortable ride. The fabric keeps the baby calm during summers and warm in winters.
- Easy to fold, even with one hand
- EN 1888 certified (European Standard)
- Do not occupy much space
- Soft-cushioned seat
- Easy to install
- Super-premium linen fabric
- Easy to clean
- Detachable and Four-tier extended canopy
- Sky view for the kid
- 5-point harness safety
- Adjustable calf support
- Plenty of storage capacity
- Wheels are not much durable
Factors to consider before buying a stroller
Kids enjoy the ride on strollers but only up to 3 years. Once they start walking, they would rarely sit in the stroller. Parents always want to ensure that they give the best to their children. Here are certain factors you should consider to give the best and comfortable ride to your baby, consider these factors before buying a stroller for kids:
Features of stroller to consider
- Comfort & Convenience: As it is for your newborn hence comfort is the foremost thing you should look. Internal cushioning and straps should be comfortable for your baby.
- Safety Features: The foremost thing to consider is the safety measures provided in the product. Best stroller for kids comes with a 5-point safety harness. However, you may even go for a 3-point harness which will also be sufficient.
- Look for a stable and steady stroller that can sustain the weight easily. Ensure the stroller has a perfect balance.
- Budget: If budget is not a problem, then buy strollers that have all safety measures. However, if you are budget-constraint, you can look for models that have basic safety measures.
- Sturdy: Check the durability of the stroller. A stroller should last for at least 3 to 4 years.
- Brakes: You can choose hand brakes or foot brakes. Whatever you choose, ensure that it is easily accessible and quick to use.
- Recline: Reclining positions of the stroller is another important thing to consider.
- Weight: Always look for light-weight strollers.
- Size: The size of the stroller is of utmost importance. Neither purchase an oversized stroller as the baby would feel unsafe, nor too small because it would be uncomfortable for the baby. Select a stroller of optimum size.
- Warranty: The longer the warranty better for you.
- Manoeuvrability: Make sure that wheel quality is good and has a good braking system.
- Handles: Ensure that, the handles of the stroller provides a good grip, are soft and convenient to hold. You can also look for reversible handles. The handlebars should be at the height of your waist, so that you don’t need to bend to move the stroller.
- Footrest: You can also consider buying a stroller with footrest for more comfort.
- Multiple pockets: Buy a stroller that is equipped with multi pockets. So you may easily keep baby essentials such as milk bottle, toys, water bottle, etc.
- Canopy to protect your kid from direct sunlight, dust and rain.
- Family Size: If your kids have much age difference, then one stroller is ok. But if your kids have 1-2 year age difference then, you must invest in a stroller which can be converted to double as well.
- Suspension and Wheel: When you are about to buy a new car, you check its suspensions. Likewise, ensure that the stroller has active suspension so that your baby has a smooth ride.
- Foldable stroller is the best because you can fold it whenever not in use.
- Can be accommodated in the car.
- You will even find extendable strollers which can accommodate up to 3 babies. If you are looking for your cute twins, you can go for these strollers.
- Fabric: Fabric of the stroller should be easy to wash and dry quickly.
Stroller vs Pram
According to the Indian context, stroller and pram are used interchangeably. But they are quite different from each other. Let us learn the difference between Pram and stroller.
Difference between Pram and Stroller
|Pram||Pram is the short name for perambulator. It is basically meant to carry newborns (2 months to 1 year). A newborn baby can neither sit nor balance the neck. As prams have a soft and flat bottom, babies can comfortably lie down in it. They are covered properly and protect the baby from flies and dust. A pram is usually heavy, and safety harness is not provided. Nowadays strollers can be converted to a pram and, as the baby grows, you can convert it into a stroller.|
|Stroller||A stroller is basically meant for toddlers (1-4 years). Strollers can be used for babies who can sit and balance their neck. It allows you to take your baby for a walk or to a mall or for vacation. It is very comfortable for babies and convenient for parents to use. Nowadays there is a wide range of strollers available. Strollers are lightweight. There are different models, design and colour options available in the market.|
How to fold baby stroller
Some strollers are very easy to fold. Simply press the button and, it will fold automatically. While some strollers are not foldable. Therefore, before buying a stroller, check whether it is foldable or not.
There are several safety precautions to consider to ensure the safety of your baby.
- You should properly and securely fasten the safety harness.
- Ensure that the stroller is not overweighed as it could tumble.
- Always set the brake of the stroller even when it is not moving.
- Ensure that your stroller does not have any sharp edges and works correctly.
- Read the manual before using the stroller for kids.
- The baby should not be left unattended in the stroller.
- Use brakes to stop the stroller.
- Keep heavy things beneath the stroller.
Tips for parents
Ensure the stroller is of good quality, highly durable and equipped with a safety harness. It should be comfortable for the baby and convenient to use for the parent. Avoid going for cheap ones.
Types of stroller
There are many different kinds of stroller available. This list includes different types of strollers that ease your daily life with your baby. You can choose according to your requirements.
- Jogging strollers: These strollers are perfect for parents who love jogging. It comes with three-wheels and is lightweight.
- Double strollers or Tandem: These strollers can carry two children with one in front and the other one at back.
- Double stroller (side by side): The kids can sit side by side in these strollers.
- Umbrella strollers: These are lightweight strollers. They come with an expandable canopy, seat recline and storage basket, snack tray and cup-holders. These can be easily folded and comes with detachable and adjustable straps.
- Trailers: They are attached to the rear tyres of the bicycle so that you may carry your baby for a bicycle ride. You can use them only on smooth roads, free from any bumps. However, they are not used in India.
- Full-sized stroller: It is comparatively large and long-lasting. So you can carry your babies up till they are a toddler. Before buying a full-sized stroller ensure that it is wide enough, well-padded, comfortable and has reclined seating positions. You can easily attach it to your car’s rear or front seat. High-end models come with canopies, storage seat, cup holders and tray. The only disadvantage is that it is bulky, so not easy to carry on busy streets and congested areas.
- Travel System: Travel system strollers are for parents who travel frequently. You can easily convert the stroller into a car seat and back into the stroller with push of a button.
Q. Characteristics of best baby stroller?
A. To select the best stroller for kids, look for safety, convenience and comfort level. The brake mechanism and suspension should also be of good quality.
Q. Best baby stroller brand in India?
A. As per our knowledge Luv Lap and R for Rabbit are the best baby stroller brands.
Q. What is the use of reversible handles in the baby stroller?
A. Usually in strollers baby sits facing the outside. Reversible handle allows you to face your child while strolling. It is useful for both the baby and the parent. When the baby gets cranky, they need to see their parents.
Q. What is the ideal size of a baby stroller?
A. The child should completely fit in the stroller. Depending on the age of your baby you can choose the stroller. There are different strollers for infants (1-3 months), toddlers (6 months to 1 year) or children (1-4 years).
Q. Importance of reclining feature?
A. The reclining seat arrangement is something you should look. The baby cannot sit for long, so reclining allows you to pull the backrest to up to 180° so that the baby can lie comfortably. The baby can sit, sleep and stretch their legs easily.
Q. Difference between a stroller for boy and girl?
A. There is no difference between the stroller for girl and boy. The only difference could be of colour. As such, the models of the strollers are unisex.
Q. Baby strollers for twins?
A. There are strollers for twins. They have two seats either side by side or front and back. You can make your twins sit in these strollers.
Q. Precautions you should take while using stroller?
A. Fasten the harness securely and safely. It should have proper cushioning. Always use brakes to stop the stroller.
Q. What are the benefits of a baby stroller?
A. Some of the benefits of using a stroller are :
- Easy and convenient to use.
- Easy to travel around with your kid.
- Conveniently keep baby essentials in the stroller.
- No more holding the child uncomfortably.
- Keeps baby safe and cosy.
- The canopy protects from sunlight, wind and dust.
- It is equipped with features like a mosquito net, storage, etc. It protects the child from flies or mosquitoes. Storage to keep baby essentials, valuables, etc.
- Easy to assemble.
- Easy to fold.
Q. At what age it is safe to use the stroller?
A. You can use the stroller at up till 4-years of age. But if the child is under 6-months then, you should ensure the stroller can recline and is flat because newborns cannot sit. The child should at least balance his or her head.
Q. At which age I should stop using stroller?
A. When babies start walking, they don’t like to sit in the strollers. So, when children are 3-4 years old, they even won’t like to sit in a stroller.
Q. Can you make the baby sleep overnight in the stroller?
A. You should never leave the baby asleep in the stroller. It is very unsafe to keep the baby in the stroller for overnight. Use stroller for shorter period of time.
Q. How to fold stroller?
A. Set the wheels and lock them. Fold the canopy and recline the seat to the rest position. Fold the stroller using the lower handle.
Q. Can you take a stroller on the plane?
A. Yes, you can definitely carry your baby in a stroller at the airport. Your stroller will be checked at the gate by the authorities. You are allowed to carry your baby in a stroller in the airport premises. But the airline staff will take your stroller at the plane’s ladder, and you will get your stroller once you reach your destination. Check with the airlines for more information.
Q. What kind of stroller do you need for a new-born?
A. A full-sized stroller is a better option for new-born as the baby will grow in the coming years. A full-sized stroller is equipped with all the necessary features and safety measures. Also, make sure to buy a genuine and authentic product.
Q. Why are baby strollers expensive?
A. Strollers are made of premium quality materials to give your baby maximum comfort. They are equipped with a lot of features which makes it more convenient and comfortable for you and your baby. Therefore, these are bound to be on the expensive side.
Q. Which type of brake system is best in baby strollers?
A. If your stroller does not have reversible handle then rear brakes are sufficient. But if your stroller has a reversible handle, it is important to have front and rear brakes.
Q. What are the important features of a stroller?
A. The important features in a stroller:
- Reclining seat
- Cushioned seat
- High-quality suspension
- 5-point harness safety
- Good quality wheels
- Reversible handle
- Efficient and strong brakes
Q. What are some tips for parents to buy a stroller?
A. Ensure the stroller is of good quality, highly durable and equipped with a safety harness. It should be comfortable for the baby and convenient to use for the parent. Avoid going for cheap ones.
Thank You for taking out your precious time to read our article. I hope it benefits you in some way. We would love to read your valuable opinions and highly appreciate any new suggestions. So please leave your comments below. Happy Shopping!