Home Theatre System is one of the most luxurious items in India. The best home theatre system in India has transformed the experience of watching movies, listening songs and playing games.
List of Best Home Theatre Systems in India
The objective of the article is to make you understand different attributes while buying the best home theatre systems in India.
5 Best Home Theatre systems in India
Home Theatre System to Buy
The brand Sony needs no introduction. It is one of the most reputable brands in technology and provides excellent service. With more than 300 exclusive outlets and 365 service centres in all major cities and towns, they have made a strong presence in the market.
The Sony HT-IV300 is one of the best home theatre systems in India. It is a powerful music system which has the maximum power of 1000W. You can enjoy your favourite movies, videos, songs, sports and play games in high-quality, crystal clear sound with Sony HT-IV300.
You can connect your smart TV or PlayStation with the help of the HDMI ARC port and enjoy your favourite movies, sports and games.
|Channels||5.1 Cinematic Surround Sound|
|Dolby Digital||Dolby Pro Logic Technology|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, NFC, USB, Optical, HDMI|
|Dimensions||62 x 37.7 x 30.1 cm|
|In the box||2U Front Speaker, 2U Surround Speaker, 1U Center Speaker, 1U Subwoofer, 4U Speaker cords, 1U FM wire antenna (aerial), 1U remote control, 2U R03 (size AA) Batteries, 1U High-Speed HDMI cable, 1U Operating Instructions, 1U Footpads|
Features for Sony HT-IV300
- 5.1 Surround Sound: Sony HT-IV300 comes with 5.1 surround sound system. It has two front speakers (L/R), one centre speaker and two rear speakers. The subwoofer provides perfect sound bass so that you may enjoy your cinematic surround sound.
- 1000 W Power: It is a powerful home theatre with a maximum power of 1000W. You can enjoy watching movies, sports, listening to songs and playing games on the best home theatre systems in India.
- S-Master Digital Amplifier: The S-Master Digital Amplifier gives you high-quality digital audio. It reproduces digital audio signals without any analogue stage hence using the full digital path. There is very less distortion from heat build-up, giving you powerful audio output.
- Bluetooth and NFC: This Home Theatre is Bluetooth and, NFC enabled. Therefore, it lets you easily connect your smartphones and laptop.
- 4K Ultra HD: With this home theatre system, you can enjoy every minute detail of your favourite Blu-ray movies and still images. You can easily pair it with a 4K-capable or Ultra HD TV from USB which gives a much better experience than that of a conventional Full HD signal.
- Connect to DTH or PlayStation: It allows you to directly connect your DTH and PlayStation via HDMI or Optical input to enhance your TV viewing and gaming experience.
- Dolby TrueHD: Dobly TrueHD gives you incomparable audio quality. It delivers high-quality sound for movies and music. You can enjoy the supreme audio experience of your Blu-ray or downloaded content.
- dts-HD Master Audio Quality: The dts-HD Master audio ensures that you experience the best sound. You can listen to the uncompressed soundtrack of your favourite Blu-ray as per the director’s intent.
- Connect via Screen Mirroring: You can connect your smartphone to your smart TV and enjoy the high-quality sound while playing videos and images from your phone. You don’t need any Wi-Fi connection because it works on Wi-Fi direct.
- Dolby Surround Pro Logic Sound: With the Dolby Surround Pro Logic Sound, you will enjoy the enhanced audio. It converts stereo audio to 5.1 channel audio so that you can experience the high-quality sound of your favourite TV shows and movies.
Some Additional Features
Pros and Cons for Sony HT-IV300
|Best sound quality.||Bass might be overpowering, which means dialogue clarity missing sometimes.|
|2-HDMI input to connect with your Smart TV, PlayStation and Blu-ray Disc. 1-HDMI ARC output for immersive sound effect.||You might need some extra wires for satellite speakers.|
|The algorithm of the home theatre removes commentary and give you stadium-like feel during the match.|
|Best for medium to large size room|
|Colour-coded cables for easy set-up of the home theatre.|
Once again bringing you a product from Sony. The Sony HT-S20R 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System gives you the experience of dynamic and cinematic sound. You can watch movies or play games with immense sound effect. Connectivity options are HDMI ARC, Optical input, AUX, Bluetooth and USB.
Sony HT-S20R comes with a remote control which has different modes including auto-sound, standard, watching movies, listening music, night and voice. It is easy to install, simply plug-in wires with sub-woofer and you are good to go. It is one of the best home theatre systems in India you can buy.
|Channels||5.1 (3-ch soundbar, 2 rear speakers and a subwoofer)|
|Connectivity||HDMI, Optical input, Aux, Bluetooth and USB|
|Modes||Auto, Standard, Cinema, Music Night and Voice|
|Dimensions||8.6 x 76 x 5.2 cm|
|In the box||1 Remote Control, 1 Audio Cable, 1 AC Cord, 2 AAABatteries, 1 Instruction manual, 1 setup guide, Warranty Card|
- It comes with 5.1ch Real Surround Sound.
- High-quality Dolby Digital Sound System
- Easily connects via HDMI ARC, Optical input, Aux, Bluetooth and USB.
- Different mode settings.
|High-quality surround sound||Does not have NFC|
|Bluetooth and USB||Each Channel does not have its own sound|
|Colour-coded wires for easy setup|
As discussed earlier, Sony is the brand for best home theatre systems in India. With Sony HT-RT3 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar you experience real cinema sound. It comes with a soundbar, subwoofer and rear speakers which gives you authentic and quality sound.
There is a display at the front with five touch options for power, input, pairing, volume down and volume up. It has a USB port at the front and, you can also connect your phone by NFC. You can also adjust the setting from its remote, which comes with the home theatre system. There are various modes for sound, ON/OFF button, volume rocker, mute button, subwoofer volume, night button, etc.
|Channels||5.1 (3-ch soundbar, 2 rear speakers and a subwoofer)|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, NFC, USB, Optical, HDMI|
|Dimensions||100 x 30 x 25 cm|
|In the box||1 Bar Speaker, 2 Surround speakers, 1 Subwoofer, 1 Remote control, 2 R03(size AAA) batteries, 1High Speed HDMI Cable, 1 Instruction Manual, 1 Startup Guide|
Experience the dynamic and thrilling sound from the Best Home Theatre Systems in India.
- 600 W Maximum Output Power: 600 W gives you dynamic and high-quality sound experience.
- 5.1ch Surround Sound System: Enjoy movies, songs, games, and sports on 5.1 surround sound. It comes with 3ch bar, two rear speakers and a subwoofer.
- NFC and Bluetooth Connections: Easily connects to your smartphone and laptop via NFC and Bluetooth.
- Dolby Digital: It gives you a high-quality surround sound experience.
- Easy to Set up: The HT-RT3 comes with colour coded connecting ports which makes it easy to set up.
- HDMI ARC: With HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) you can easily connect your TV through the cable.
- USB port: The USB port allows you to charge your smartphones and tablets while you play music.
- Optical Cable: With Optical Cable you can connect your TV, DVD or Blu-ray Disc player, for high-quality Dolby Digital surround sound.
Pros and Cons for Sony HT-RT3
|High-quality surround sound||A lot of wires|
|Bluetooth and NFC connectivity||Plastic body|
|Wooden Subwoofer Body|
|Easy installation with colour coded wires|
One of the most famous and renowned brands Philips is known for manufacturing high-quality products. The brand was established by Gerard Philips and his father Frederik in the Netherlands in 1891. Today, they have around 80,000 employees in more than 100 countries. They have always focused on innovative approach, which makes their product stand out from others.
The Philips Home Theatre 5.1 SPA800B/94 is one of the best home theatre systems in India under 10,000. The immersive sound gives you the premium experience of watching movies and playing games. It is Bluetooth enabled, which means you can play music from your smartphones and iPads.
Specifications for Philips Home Theatre 5.1 SPA800B/94
|Sensitivity||85 dB at 4 ohm|
|Connectivity||RCA cable, Bluetooth, USB, SD card and Aux Input|
|Dimension||42.4 x 50.3 x 38 cm|
Features of Philips Home Theatre 5.1 SPA800B/94
- Bluetooth Connectivity: With Philips SPA 8000B/94, you can easily connect smartphones, tablets and laptops through Bluetooth.
- USB and SD card slots to play your favourite photos and songs: You can also play your favourite songs by directly connecting your USB and SD card to the home theatre.
- You can also play FM radio.
Pros and Cons Philips Home Theatre 5.1 Channel |SPA8000B/94
|Best home theatre system under ₹ 10,000||Music played by connecting via Bluetooth might not sound as good as connected via aux or USB|
|Easily connect to your smartphone, laptop, tablet, DVD player|
|A remote controller is also provided|
Zebronics is an Indian brand known for audio, gaming peripherals, mobile, surveillance and lifestyle accessories. It was established in Chennai in 1997. The brand manufactures high-quality products that deliver high-performance and are easy on pocket. With more than 1100 employees, 31 offices and 111+ Zeb cares across India, Zebronics has made its mark in the industry.
The Zebronics BT6860RUCF 5.1 channel speakers has a stylish and decent look. It comes with an LED display that informs you about connectivity modes. With BT6860RUCF 5.1 speaker, you can truly enjoy your movie experience. It comes with various connecting options- Bluetooth, USB, SD and AUX. You can control the music system by soft button remote control.
Specifications of Zebronics 5.1 Home Theatre ZEB-BT6590RUCF
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, USB, SD Card, AUX and FM|
|Dimension||39 x 35 x 45 cm|
- Stylish Design: The 5.1 multi-speaker gives you scintillating sound experience and looks stylish.
- Multi-Connecting Options: Buttons for Play/Pause, Next/Previous, Mode, 5.1/2.1 and Volume Up/Down knob. Connectivity BT, USB, SD and AUX.
- Remote: It comes with a soft button remote control.
|Excellent build and sound quality||Short cable length|
Points To Consider Before Buying Home Theatre In India
To get a good cinematic experience, you must buy a home theatre system. These mostly come with an audio amplifier-receiver, subwoofer, main speakers, satellite speakers and some more add-ons according to the system you select. Home Theatre System enhances the sound quality, give you the dynamic and surround sound experience at home. So you can enjoy your favourite TV shows, music, PlayStation games, etc. You can also enjoy karaoke music at home parties with your whole family. There are certain factors you should keep in mind before investing in a Home Theatre System.
Home Theatre Buying Guide
- Budget: Look for the models that are under your budget and solve your purpose.
- Space: Size of the room is another important aspect to consider. If you have limited space, then consider buying a small unit with small size speakers yet powerful. If you have a spacious room, then consider buying floor-standing or powerful speakers.
- Speakers: The speakers play a major role. They should be powerful and give you the perfect sound experience. You can keep them on the floor or mount them at the corners of your room.
- A/V Receivers: If you want to experience surround sound, you need an A/V Receiver. For 4K and Blu-ray movies, there are options for 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound. An A/V receiver decodes the sound and gives you the best surround sound experience. Therefore, invest in an A/V receiver which delivers at least 100 W power to every channel.
- Power: The power of the home theatre is measured in Watts. Ensure that your receiver is of good quality to give you maximum sound output.
- Connectivity Options: The latest models come with many connectivity ports. Look for models that have connectivity ports like HDMI, HDMI ARC, Video conversion, 4K upscaling, 3D pass-through, Surround Sound processing, Ethernet, Airplay, USB port, etc.
- In-built radio: Some models are also equipped with radio tuner. It allows you to connect to your local, favourite radio FM channel easily.
- Remote Control: You will get a remote with almost all the home theatre systems. Look for the required buttons so that you can control all the features.
- Quality: The build quality, weight and design should also be considered. It should have proper vents so that the heat generated can move out properly.
- Function Keys: You should be able to properly access and control the features of the home theatre.
- Cables: It should come with power cables, if not you will have to purchase them separately. The thickness and durability of the wire should be considered as it would impact the sound. You should also look at connector’s material, either gold or nickel.
Home Theatre Furniture in India To Buy
Best home theatre furniture not only gives your room an aesthetic look but also allows you to enjoy your favourite movie comfortably. To set up your home theatre, you might need a wall mount stand and comfortable seating. Don’t worry we have listed the best wall mount stand and comfortable seating to enhance your TV watching experience.
Best Wall Mount Stand
Best wall mount stand
DeckUp Meritus-L Wall TV Unit
Onlineshoppee Tilfizyun Entertainment Unit Table with Set Top Box Stand
BLUEWUD Wall mount stand Wudville Coober Entertainment Wall Unit (Large)
BLUEWUD Wall Mount Top Box Stand
BLUEWUD TV Wall Mount Set Top Box Stand Shelf Walnut
Recliner Sofa Set For Home Theatre
5 Best Home Theatre Recliner
Solimo Musca Three Seater Home Theratre Recliner
FURNY Carson 2 Seater Recliner Sofa Box Springs and Side Paddle Comfort for Home
Royaloak Divine Three Seater Recliner Sofa
Home Centre Emily 3+2 Sofa Set for living room
FURNY Carson Fabric 3 Seater Theater Recliner Sofa
Benefits of buying the best home theatre systems in India
Home theatre has become a must-have appliance in every home. Best home theatre systems in India is perfect for every music lover and offer the best sound experience. Here are some benefits of having the best home theatre system.
- A cinema-like experience at home without any hassle. You don’t have to stand in queues for tickets or buy overpriced snacks. You can cook or order whatever you want and enjoy it at home while watching the movie.
- Enjoy karaoke and the best gaming experience with amazing sound effects at home.
- The large screen and perfect home theatre give you front row stadium experience.
- You can stop, play, rewind anytime you want. With this, you get complete control over the remote.
- You can connect it with Netflix, Prime or your phone and enjoy videos and photos with your family on a large screen with clear sounds.
- Perfect sound effects, bass for a party.
- You can comfortably sit on your sofa, recliners or beanbags and enjoy the music or movie.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Home Theatre System
|Enhanced sound quality||Large. It occupies a lot of space|
|A complete package||Technical knowledge is required to operate.|
|Easy to install|
|Easy to operate|
|Magnificient picture and sound quality theatre experience|
|Perfect for gaming, watching sports events|
|Modern and elegant design|
Q. How many speakers will you need?
If you aim to only listen to music, a 2.1 sound is enough. But if you want the experience of surround sound, while watching movies you should go for a 5.1 home theatre system. If you have a large room, then you can go for a 7.1 home theatre.
Q. Big speakers or small speakers?
If the room is spacious and capable of absorbing the sound wave, then you can choose big speakers. But if your room is small, or has hard floors which reflect sound wave you must go for small speakers.
Q. How to setup a home speaker system?
2.1 home theatre can be easily set up by placing left and right channels and subwoofer in the centre.
For a 5.1 home theatre system left, right and centre speakers should be placed at the front along with the sub-woofer. Rear left and right speakers, are connected at your sitting position or back of your sitting position. Make sure your rear speakers are at ear level or a bit above your ear level.
To set up your 7.1 home theatre system, place the left, right and centre speaker at the front. Place side speakers at the side of your sitting position. Place the rear speakers at the back of your sitting position. For an optimum experience, place the side and rear speakers at ear level or a bit above.
Q. Best Home Theatre brands?
According to us Sony and Philips are the best brands for the best home theatre.
Q. Where should home theatre be installed?
The room where you are thinking to install your home theatre should not have any light issues. There should be no or few windows as this would affect the lighting, especially during day time.
Q. What are the benefits of tower speakers?
Tower speakers are better than other speakers in terms of audio quality it produces. Additional drivers are installed to produce impactful high, medium and low frequencies.
Thank You for taking out your precious time to read our article. I hope it benefits you in some way. We would love to read your valuable opinions and highly appreciate any new suggestions. So please leave your comments below. Happy Shopping!