Best Room Heater to buy: Room heaters keep the room warm during winters. India is known for a hot and pleasant climate, but winters are quite cold, especially in the northern part. The average temperature falls below 10°C. Wearing warm clothes is not enough. Therefore, you need a room heater to keep you warm in such extremely cold temperatures.
Depending upon the heating technology room heater can be classified into two categories.
- Infrared Room Heaters: These room heaters are generally used to keep people and objects warm. It means that these room heaters do not heat the entire room, but only provide heat to the people and objects near the heater.
- Convection Heater: These heaters (also known as blowers) distribute warm air and keep the entire room warm. They are generally used where you need to keep the room warm for a long time.
Which Room Heater is Best
If you are confused which room heater is best for your home, then don’t worry. This article will clear all your confusion and help you select the best room heater to buy for your home.
Amazon brand products are designed diligently to give you a high-quality product. It is a very reliable brand. The brand invests in improving the quality rather on investing in packaging and advertising. The best part is that the brand focuses on improving the quality and durability of their products.
The Solimo heater provides a safety feature which turns off the motor when it reaches 130 degree Celsius. When heater reaches 126 degrees Celcius the fuse goes off that provides additional safety. Safety metal grill protects you from accidental burns. The room heater can be mounted on the wall vertically or horizontally. It can also be used as a fan during summers. The Amazon brand Solimo is one of the best room heater to buy.
The brand provides a 1-year warranty on the product. For any query, contact 1800-419-0416.
Note: Use a 16A socket. Using a lower rate socket might melt the socket or plug.
|Voltage||220 – 240 volts|
|Fan Speed||2400 RPM|
|Dimensions LxWxH||23 x 11.5 x 24 cm|
|In the box||Heater, User Manual|
Features of Amazon brand Solimo
- Can be used horizontally and vertically.
- Power consumption 2-units per hour.
- 10-feet air throw range.
- Switch between Cool, Warm and Hot air.
|Safe to use||Fan speed is fixed and can not be regulated|
|Can be used horizontally or vertically|
|Good for small to medium rooms|
|Light in weight therefore easy to carry from one room to other|
An excellent brand Orpat is known for manufacturing a wide range of electronic products. The brand was started by Shri Odhavjibhai R. Patel in Gujrat, India and over the years it has grown in the international market as well. The brand continuously strives for producing high-quality products.
The Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Element Heater is designed to work at two heat settings at 1000 W and 2000 W. The heating element is protected by a cool to touch material that ensures safety from accidental burns. Also, the auto-cut feature allows the machine to be used for an extended period of time. It is one of the best room heater to buy.
The product comes with a 1-year warranty. For any customer support call 02822-391391.
|Power||1000 W and 2000 W|
|Dimension||23 x 11 x 22 cm|
|In the box||Room Heater and User guide|
- Auto-cut off feature provides overheat protection.
- Can be used for small to medium rooms of up to 250 sq ft.
- It can operate at 1000 W and 2000 W settings.
- Do not connect the standard 5 A or 6 A, you may require a 3-pin plug, or you may use an extension cord that can act like 5-15 A converter.
|Auto-cut off feature provides overheat protection||Elevation feature is not available|
|Ideal for small to medium room|
|The body is cool to touch|
|Very low noise|
|It can be used as a fan in summers|
As we know, Bajaj is one of the most trusted Indian company. It was started in the year 1938 with a tagline ‘inspiring trust’ to which they strongly associate. It manufactures high-quality appliances like mixer, fan, heater, etc.
Bajaj Flashy radiant heater is best for small to medium-sized rooms. It comprises a wire wound on the refractory rod that is protected by a Nickle chrome plated mesh grid which is corrosion resistant. The stainless steel reflector provides even heating. Cotton braided cord provides more safety. Bajaj Flashy room heater is one of the best heater to buy in budget.
The brand provides a 2-year warranty on the product. For any inquiry, please contact their customer support at 92275 64444.
|Wire Type||Cotton Braided Cord|
|Dimension LxWxH||32 x 14 x 22 cm|
|Cord Length||1.5 meters|
|In the box||1 Room heater, Instruction Manual and Warranty Card|
- The Radiant Heater is ideal for small room.
- Features a cotton braided cord that provides more safety.
- Stainless steel corrugated reflector helps in heating the room evenly.
|Features a cotton braided cord that provides safety||Causes dryness if used for long hours|
|Small in size||16amp Power Plug socket required|
|Stainless steel reflector provide effective heating|
|Ideal for spot heating|
The Usha is a multiproduct company famous for home and kitchen appliances such as Pressure Cooker, CCTV Camera, Air Purifier, Water Purifier, etc. The brand is known for its quality and reliability. It was established in 1983, and since then, the brand has millions of happy customers all over the world.
Usha Fan Heater (1212 PTC) comes with the adjustable thermostat which allows adjusting the temperature as per your need. Three operating modes, two power modes 900W – 1500W. It comes with Grip PTC Heating Elements with overheat protection which provides more safety. It is suitable for a small room of up to 150 sq ft and is the best room heater to buy.
The brand provides a 1-year warranty on the product. For any complaints, call their customer support at 18001033111.
|Model||FH 1212 PTC|
|Power||900W – 1500W|
|Country of Origin||India|
|Dimension||18.12 x 7.5 x 7.5 cm|
|In the box||Room Heater, Instruction Manual and Warranty Card|
- It comes with 3-Operating Modes.
- Adjustable Thermostat provides temperature control.
- It features an adjustable stand and cord winder.
- PTC heating element provides more safety.
- The silent motor operates at less than 50dB.
- It is equipped with Fire Retardant Strong ABS Housing
|ISI Marked product which signifies safety||Nothing as much|
|Ideal for room heating up to 150 sq ft|
|It comes with Adjustable stand and cord winder|
|Very low noise <50 dB|
Orient is one of the most trusted Indian electrical brands with millions of happy customers around the globe. Their mission is to provide you with innovative and world-class products. The company operates in more than 35 countries. It provides high-quality electrical products.
Orient Electric Heater is one of the best room heater to buy for heating the entire room. Its heat settings allow you to adjust the temperature as per your need. The device is cool to touch, which ensures safety from any accidental burns. The auto-cut feature protects it from overheating. Orient Electric Heater has a compact design which makes it portable.
The brand provides a 1-year warranty on the product.
|Dimensions||41.8 x 25.2 x 20.6 cm|
|In the box||1 Fan Heater|
- It comes with a temperature control knob for low and high heat.
- Fan Speed Control knob.
- Adjustable stand.
- Indicator light.
|Safe to use||A bit expensive|
|Heats the entire room|
|Easy to carry|
As stated earlier, Usha is a multiproduct brand established in 1983. They are known for manufacturing high-quality home and kitchen appliances. The brand exports its products to the international market. They have happy customers all over the globe.
Usha Quartz (3002) is a classic radiant room heater which comes with two heating elements. The two rods efficiently heat a small room. It comes with two power modes which operate on 400 W and 800 W. It is equipped with an inbuilt tip-over switch that turns off the heater in case it tilts or falls on the ground. Safety grills protect from accidental burns. It is one of the best room heater to buy.
It comes with a 1-year warranty on the product. For any query, contact their customer support at 18001033111.
|Power||400 W – 800 W|
|Dimension||8.7 x 19.4 x 10.3 cm|
|In the box||Room Heater, Instruction Manual and Warranty Card|
- Two Power Modes operate on 400 W and 800 W.
- It comes with two heating elements.
- Tip-over protection turns off at tilt or if it falls.
- Cord storage available.
- Corrosion-resistant safety grills.
|Suitable for a small room up to 120 sq ft||Difficult to find a service centre|
|Low power Consumption|
As discussed earlier, Orpat is an excellent brand started by Shri Odhavjibhai R. Patel in Gujrat India. The brand is known for manufacturing high-quality electrical appliances. They have millions of happy customer all across the globe.
Orpat OEH-1260 2000-Watt is a convection Fan Heater that comes with two heat setting and operates at 1000 W and 2000 W. The heater is sufficient to heat a small to medium-sized room. The heater comes with Overheat Protection, and safety cut feature. It is one of the best room heater to buy.
The brand offers a 1-year warranty on the product. For any query, contact their customer support at 02822-391391.
|Power||1000 W – 2000 W|
|Country of Origin||India|
|Dimension||24 x 17 x 22 cm|
|In the box||Room Heater|
- The 100 per cent pure copper wire gives more durability to the motor.
- Two heat settings.
- Auto-cut feature and safety grill ensures safety.
- Cord Winder space available.
|Ideal for a small to medium room up to 250 sq ft.||The fan makes a little noise|
|Heats the entire room|
|Can work as a fan in summers|
|Space for winding cord|
Room Heater vs Blower
There is a big difference between a room heater and a blower. A blower is a device which blows hot air while the heater is a device which generates heat. Therefore, buy as per your need.
|Heats through radiation||Works on the convection principle|
|Best for spot heating||Heats the entire room|
|No Noise||Makes some noise because of fan|
How to use room heater
Room heaters and blowers are lifesavers in winters. But overuse of these appliances can cause various issues such as suffocation, bleeding from the nose, itching, rashes on the skin, etc. Therefore, it is very crucial to know how to use a room heater.
Here are a few steps that you must keep in mind while using a room heater.
- It should not be used for too long.
- Ensure that the distance between the heater and you is safe enough.
- Never sleep in a room with your heater on. Ensure you switch it off before you go to sleep.
- Keep a bucket full of water to maintain the humidity in the air, as it dries the air.
Features of a Room Heater
There are certain factors you must consider before buying a room heater. Here are certain features for the best room heater:
1. Power Consumption
The power of a heater is directly proportional to its power consumption. It means more powerful the heater more its power consumption.
Be aware of fake products in the market which claims to have low power consumption but do not have power ratings.
The power of the heater is mentioned in the manual or specification of the heater. Most heater consumes a power of 1000 – 2000 Watts.
Therefore, if we calculate monthly expense (if the heater works around 8 hours/day), would be:
Let’s assume its power consumption is 1500 W.
Working 8 Hours => 1500 x 8 =12,000 W
Convert W to kW=> 12,000/1000 = 12kW
Average rate of electricity in India is ₹5
Therefore, per day charge from heater => 12 x 5 = ₹60
Now, electricity bill you get from a 1500 W heater working 8 hours per day for one month => 60 x 30 = ₹ 1800
2. Best type of room heater
There are two types of heater, and it’s important to know which one is the best for you.
- Convectional Heater
- Radiant Heater
3. Temperature Control
Most of the heaters come with three temperature control options which are low, medium and high. Avoid purchasing heaters with one or two temperature settings. Buy a heater which has three temperature control for maximum controllability.
Make sure that the heater is safe to use. If you have children or pet at your home, do consider the following safety norms before buying.
- Cool to Touch Body: The body of the heater must be cool to touch to avoid any accidental burns.
- Over Heat Protection: In this feature, the sensors detect overheating of internal components and automatically turn off the heating.
- Safety Grills: Make sure that the heating coil has a protective grill cover.
- Tip-over protection: It turns off the heater if it is tilted or accidentally fallen.
5. Humidity Level in Air
Heaters can affect the humidity of a room if work for a long time. The air inside the room becomes dry, which can cause nausea, dry nose and itchy skin which can be a serious health issue. To avoid low humidity, place a water bucket in any corner of the room.
Make sure that the size of the heater is not too big, so you can carry it easily.
Types of Room Heaters
There are two types of heater, and it’s important to know which one is best for you.
1. Convectional Heater
These follow the principle of thermal conduction, where hot air is circulated throughout the room. Generally, these heaters are used in rooms to keep the room warm.
They are subdivided into two categories:
Fan heaters use fans that blow hot air to heat the surroundings. These fans intake cold air which is then passed to the heating element where the air is heated. The hot air is then re-circulated in the surrounding. They are a little noisy.
|Used for heating small rooms||Can not be used for large rooms|
|Instant heat||Makes little noise|
In oil heaters (also known as column heater), oil of high boiling point is used. The oil inside the cavity is heated and used as a reservoir to heat the air. These heaters keep the room warm for a longer time. They are slow to start but heat for a longer time, because the oil is still hot even if the switch is turned off. They do not make any noise.
|Used for heating room||Too expensive|
|It does not dry the air||Takes around 20-30 min to start heating|
2. Radiant Heater
The radiant heater works on the principle of infrared radiation. The infrared waves are invisible electromagnetic waves that travel in a straight line which are absorbed by the objects that come in its path. These electromagnetic waves feel as heat, and remain unaffected by the medium it travels. Therefore, radiant heaters do not heat the entire room but only heat the objects (people) in front. These are preferred by people who have a respiratory issue.
Table (advantage and disadvantage)??
|These are easy to install||Risk of fire|
|Little or no maintenance required||Emit orange light|
|Do not produce noise||Immediately turns off when power is cut|
Safety Precaution while using room heaters
Misuse of the heater can cause a fire. According to a survey, 40 per cent of the fires are due to misuse of the heater. You must follow these safety guidelines:
- Do not keep the heater near doors or passage to avoid any accident.
- Never use a heater near flammable substances (such as petrol, alcohol, paint, gasoline, etc.) as there is a huge risk of fire.
- Keep it away from curtains as they can catch fire.
- Also, it is recommended to keep paper and magazines away from the heater.
- Keep room heater way from children and pets.
- Do not place the heater near the water.
- Do not place the heater near windows or doors, where there is a risk of rain or moisture. It may cause a short circuit.
Benefits of a room heater
- Room heaters are portable and can be easily carried from one room to another. There are wall-mounted heaters which are safer but more expensive.
- There are different kinds of heaters to serve different purposes. For zonal heating, you can go for an infrared heater and to heat the entire room you can purchase a convection heater. These heaters are available in different shapes and sizes.
- Some heaters come with controller option. You can adjust the temperature or fan speed to low, medium and high. Some heaters also come with manual or digital thermostat.
Thank You for taking out your precious time to read our article. I hope it benefits you in some way. We would love to read your valuable opinions and highly appreciate any new suggestions. So please leave your comments below. Happy Shopping!