An electric pressure cooker is an appliance which uses electricity to create high pressure inside the vessel for cooking food. Best electric pressure cooker is beneficial for working professionals who don’t have much time for cooking. It gives you the freedom from continuously monitoring. Add in the required ingredients, close the lid, set the program, and the food is ready.
Electric pressure cookers are popular in western countries. But, now it has started gaining popularity in India as well. As it is easy to use and saves time, therefore it is best for working professionals. In this article, we have listed the 4-best electric pressure cooker in India.
List of 4- Best Electric Pressure Cooker
|Electric Pressure Cooker||Capacity||Check Price|
|1. Mealthy Multipot Electric Pressure Cooker||6 L||₹₹₹|
|2. Instant Pot Duo||5.7 L||₹₹₹₹|
|3. Crock-Pot Electric Pressure Cooker||5.7 L||₹₹|
|4. Geek Robocook Automatic Electric Pressure Cooker||5 L||₹|
The Mealthy Multipot Electric Pressure Cooker is a trusted brand and has brought happiness to more than 10 Lakhs families in India. It can perform nine tasks of different utensils alone.
MultiPot 2.0 is a 6-quart (L) electric pressure cooker that features a self-sealing lid, hands-free and programmable automatic pressure release system. It comes with a 33 chef-approved preset cooking programs that make cooking easy. The LCD screen shows the cooking process. A 4 cm raised trivet and a steamer provided, helps in making two dishes at the same time.
The brand provides a 5-years of warranty on Patented Pressure Regulation System (PRS) and 1-year warranty on other parts. You can also extend its warranty by registering on their official website. For any query, contact their customer support at 1800-572-6010.
In the box: Silicone mitts, 2-colour-coded silicone gaskets, stainless steel steamer basket, 4 cm raised stainless steel trivet, 8-ounce measuring cup, soup ladle, and rice paddle, along with Mealthy’s full-colour user guide, recipe book, quick start guides, and cheat sheets.
- It’s a 9-in-1 functions that can Pressure Cook, Slow Cook, Saute, Steam and can also make Eggs, Cake and Yoghurt.
- LCD screen indicates the cooking process.
- Stainless steel pot, steamer and trivet of 4 cm height to make 2-dishes at the same time.
- Bright Red Float to indicate the pressure and extra-wide Pressure Regulating Vent to keep your hands at a distance from the steam discharge.
- Comes with Spare silicone gasket for safer pot removal
- Tutorial videos on website and app to introduce you to the electric pressure cooker and make you a pro at cooking with it
- Can adjust: Temperature(low/medium/high), Pressure (high/low) and Time
- Red float to indicate the pressure inside
- Safe to use
Dr Robert Wang is known as the founder of Instant Pot. He, along with his three other friends and all former employees of Nortel, started the brand in 2009 in Ottawa, Canada. It’s an incredible kitchen appliance which makes healthy and tasty meals quickly and easily. The instant pot soon became the most loved multi cooker in the world.
Instant Pot Duo comes in two sizes 3 L and 5.7 L with a power of 700 W and 1000 W respectively. Operating voltage 220 -240 V. Its 7-in-1 feature can be easily used as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, saute, yoghurt maker & warmer. Enabled with 13 Programmable buttons makes cooking very easy. Its design enhances your the kitchen aesthetics. A maximum of 24-hour delay cooking timer. The Auto-keep warm feature keeps the food warm for a longer time. It’s cooking programs have been tested and verified hundreds of time, and every time the product gave great results. Instant Pot has passed the stringent ul certification and protects you with its 10+ proven safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
The brand provides a 2-year warranty on the product.
In the box: 1 Instant Pot Multi-Use Pressure Cooker, 1 Lid, 1 Steam Rack and 1 Stainless Steel Cooking Pot.
- Poultry Smart Program can easily cook delicious non-veg meals.
- 7-in-1 feature can perform the task of a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker and warmer.
- The warmer feature keeps the food warm for a long time.
- Smart Program has easy to read and easy to use touch buttons that makes cooking easy.
- 3 Temperature settings provide flexibility in cooking.
- Made of stainless steel, inner pot has marking at half and two-third for pressure cooking safety.
- Cooking pot, lid and steam rack are easy to clean and also dishwasher safe.
- You will also get a free app where you can get 1000+ recipe videos.
- Safe to use
- Up to 24 hour timer for delay cooking
- No noise
- No steam leakage
- Customer Service needs improvements
The Crock-Pot is known for its electric pressure cooker. They have taken over the market over four decades ago. They have happy customers all over the globe. Their approach is to consistently improve towards healthy and delicious meal.
It has a capacity of 5.7 L, dimensions of 13.6” H x 13.6” W x 11.9” L and weighs around 5.80 kg.
In the box: 1 Crock-Pot Pressure Cooker, recipe book, steaming rack, and serving spoon.
The brand provides a 1-year warranty on the product.
- Crock-Pot pressure cooker has a 12-in-1 cook functions: slow cook, pressure cook, brown and saute, steam, dessert, meat, beans, yoghurt, rice, manual and keep warm.
- Delay Start timer
- Pressure and Timer Control.
- Airtight lid
- Six-quart non-stick pot
- Dishwasher safe
- Replacement parts are difficult to find
The Geek is a global brand known for its futuristic design and latest technology. Their product reflect high performance and true craftsmanship. The brand follows a simple approach of beyond imagination, innovation and to deliver high user experiences.
Robocook Electric Pressure Cooker has a 5 L capacity. It comes with 11 preset menu options that can make rice, dal, Pongal/khichadi, idly, sambar, saute, gravy, fish, chicken, meat and biryani. Its capacity is 5 L, dimension is 37.08 x 34.54 x 33.53 cm and weighs around 5.76 kg.
The brand provides a 2-year warranty on product. For any query contact their customer support at 1800 121 922 922.
- 11 Preset menu option.
- Capacity of 5 L
- LCD Display
- Temperature and Pressure Control
- Digital Timer Setting
- 7 Safety Guards to ensure maximum safety
- Teflon coating on pot
- LCD Display
- No yoghurt option
- Timer setting from 1 min to 1 hour only
Things to consider before buying
There are various things that you must consider before buying an electric pressure cooker.
- Size: A rough estimation for the size is 1 quart/L for 1 person. Therefore, if you have 6 members in your family 6 quart/L is sufficient. Still, our recommendations would be to go for at least 6 quart/L even if you have 2 members in your family.
- Power: More the power consumption more heat it produces. Therefore, the higher the power consumption gives faster the food preparation.
- Safety: Electric pressure cooker are equipped with temperature and pressure control. Therefore, temperature and pressure can be automatically controlled. Some of the safety features that you must check are pressure release valve, pressure controller, pressure indicator, secure lid locks, tightly fitted lids (that doesn’t open while cooking).
- Features: It should have more features like yoghurt making, keep warm, etc..
- Budget: One of the major factor to consider. More the price more will be the features and less the price fewer features in the product. But the point is, whether the extra features are worth the price and if not why to pay extra bugs for the features that are not relevant for you.
- Warranty: Most of the electric pressure cooker comes with a minimum of 6 months warranty for electronics and inner pot. But warranty is not covered for accessories like gasket, valve, racks and seals.
- Easy Cooking: Add the ingredients in the cooker. The automatic feature will take care of pressure and temperature and stops cooking once the food gets cooked.
- Cooking Options: It gives you various cooking options such as slow cooking, steaming, saute, make rice, cake, yoghurt, etc..
- Safe to use: The auto-cut and built-in pressure release feature makes it safer in case you forget to turn off the cooker.
- Schedule Timer: It gives you the option of scheduling the cooking so when you reach home you get a hot meal prepared.
- Intuitive interface: Gives maximum control of temperature and pressure while cooking.
- Silent Operation: Pressure is controlled electronically so, they don’t release excess steam.
- Easy to Clean: Inner container is removable and often non-stick. Therefore, it is easy to clean.
- Can not work without electricity.
- It is bulky and requires more counter space.
- Pressure range between 9 – 12 psi which is less than a gas pressure cooker.
Difference between Stove Pressure Cooker and Electric Pressure Cooker
There are two types of pressure cooker which are Gas Pressure Cooker, Rice Cooker and Electric Pressure Cooker.
|Stove Pressure Cooker||Electric Pressure Cooker|
|Operate at higher pressure around 15 psi (pounds per square inch)||Operate at lower pressure between 9 – 12 psi|
|Cooks the food more faster||Cooking process is slower|
|Hiss sound of steam due to evaporation||No evaporation once locked|
|Cooking needs constant monitoring||Completely automatic, no need of monitoring|
|Three times faster than conventional cooking||Two times faster than conventional cooking|
|No cooking programs||The micro-computers monitors and regulate temperature and pressure with the help of thermostat and pressure sensor|
|Works on gas stoves, induction cooktops, ceramic and glass cooktops.||Work on electricity|
|Can be used as normal cooking pot (without lid)||You can not be used as normal cooking pot (do not function without lid)|
|It can be stored in cupboard with regular pots and pans||Large in size, therefore, needs counter-space making it difficult to store in a cupboard.|
Thank You for taking out your precious time to read our article. I hope it benefits you in some way. We would love to read your valuable opinions and highly appreciate any new suggestions. So please leave your comments below. Happy Shopping!